As we discussed last month, moving with kids isn’t easy. The good news is there are things you can do to alleviate your children’s stress and make the moving experience a little more enjoyable for everyone involved. You’re probably wondering how you can do that – it’s simple, pack a Kids Move Essential Box! Below are a few suggestions on what you should place in your box. Important: Make sure the items listed below are placed in your car before the movers arrive so they are not lost in the moving load.
Here are some items we suggest from babies to school age
- Enough diapers and wipes to cover a 24 hour period
- Wash cloth and bibs
- Medicines and over the counter remedies
- A meal and some snacks
- Sippy cups and bottles
- PJs and 2 extra sets of clothes
- Comfort items: pacifier, blankies and special toys
- Emergency information and mini first aid kit
- Travel games, crafts, school work and books
- Bedding and bath linens
- Night lights
Don’t forget Mom
- Cell phone
- Chargers for electronics
- Baby monitor
- Pen and paper
- Snacks, mints, or gum
- Bottle of water or other drink
- Nursing pads
- New shirt in case of spit-up or a spill
- Pack a box of your kids’ favorite toys or even a few surprise new toys – this will keep them entertained for hours and make getting to the new home a celebration.
- If your children are older why not let them get in on the action? While prepping for the move, give your budding artists crayons and let them personalize the outside of boxes dedicated to their room.
Did you know? Beltway Movers has boxes with removable lids that allow you to easily open and close the box to access the essentials? We call it an office box but don’t let the name fool you. The cost is 3.50. For more on the type of boxes we have available for pick up or delivery with a minimum purchase click here to visit our Resource Center.
Are you moving in the near future? If so, call Beltways Movers today at (800) 966-8348. We look forward to working with you!