For this blog post, we’d like to focus on COVID-19 and how we’re operating during this unprecedented time. We want to assure you that we’re operating as an essential business and are here to serve you in the safest manner possible. Read on to learn how we’re taking care of our team members and customers during this time.
As always, we’re continuing to make our pre-move calls to confirm the details of your move. We’ve added a few additional questions to the typical pre-move question list in order to ensure the health and safety of everyone involved. In order to make efforts to protect our employees and future customers, we’ll ask if you or anyone in your household has been out of the country in the last two months. We’ll also confirm that no one in your household has been in contact with anyone that’s experiencing flu like symptoms
Below are some of the ways we’ve modified our services in order to continue operating while keeping both our customers and team members healthy and safe.
- At the beginning of every shift, we ask our team members if anyone in their household has been out of the country in the past two months. We also confirm that both they and members of their household have not been in contact with anyone who’s experiencing flu like symptoms.
- Our crew members wear masks and gloves throughout the entire move process.
- Our crews travel directly from our office to your residence. They bring their own food and water, and do not stop anywhere on the way to your home. Our intent being to minimize any outside exposure of our customers and their homes during the moving process.
- Clean, clean, clean! Now more than ever we’re ensuring our vehicle cabs and equipment are disinfected daily after each and every delivery.
- Our office staff members who are able to work from home are doing so. We stagger crew report times so that our dispatch areas are well within recommended numbers of personnel.
- We now meet using conference calls, instead of in person meetings.
- We offer estimates via phone and video. If we need to visit your home to complete your quote, we ask the precautionary questions that are asked during the pre-move call. Sales staff are prepared to wear masks and practice social distancing.
Since the beginning of the outbreak in the DMV area, Beltway Movers has strived to be aware of the changing regulations and restrictions. We are fully cooperating with authorities in the best way we can. We are also staying in close contact with the state moving and storage associations as we seek to help each other understand the best way to implement mandates. During this time, we are working to ensure that we properly implement Families First Coronavirus Response Act if our employees have a need. We have never missed a move and never plan to!
COVID-19 practices at Beltway Movers in a nutshell:
- Precautionary questions of crews, customers, and staff
- Clean trucks
- Social distancing practices
- Phone and video estimates
- Keeping up to date on federal and state regulations
- Striving to protect you and our employees
Do you have questions about your upcoming move? If so, call Beltway Movers today at (877) 959-7727.