When it´s time to move, in addition to clothes and lighter things, you will need to pack heavier items. You will need to pack and protect all heavy and bulky items you plan to take with you. Beltway Movers DMV has a professional team that can help you with this. Packing before you move heavy furniture in DC can look daunting and challenging at first. But with good preparation and organization, it can be quite easy. Follow these simple instructions in order to move all heavy items into your new home – safely and efficiently.
If you plan to move heavy furniture in DC you need good packaging materials
To successfully pack and secure your belongings, you will definitely need the right packaging materials.
- Reinforced boxes – The boxes you will use to pack heavy items must be made of strong and durable cardboard. It is best to get solid cardboard boxes with several layers. When packing heavy fragile items, it may be even better to buy plastic or wooden crates for extra security.
- Wrapping materials – When transferring, it is important to protect the objects well. You can do this with foil, bubble wrap, or some thicker fabric that would cushion any impact or drop of the object during transport.
- Soft wrapping paper – White wrapping paper can be very useful when packing smaller and heavier items. It is primarily used as the first layer of protection, and over that, it is covered with foil or thicker fabric.
- Quality packing tape – Be sure to buy a few rolls of quality packing tape with which you will be able to strengthen the cardboard boxes.
How to safely pack heavy furniture?
When it comes to furniture packaging, it is important to disassemble the furniture and secure it. The local movers DC has, can help you with safe transport.
Disassemble beds, closets, chests of drawers, and bookshelves, if possible. Find their installation manuals if you need or seek help from DC area movers. Remove the drawers to make the parts lighter, and separate the doors or panels.
Protect all fragile parts first with soft paper and then with bubble wrap. Wrap each disassembled piece individually with either foil or a thicker cloth to avoid them getting damaged. Cover it with adhesive tape, but do not allow the tape to come into direct contact with the furniture.
How to pack appliances?
Large and heavy appliances such as washing machines, dishwashers, refrigerators, freezers, and stoves can be quite inconvenient to pack and carry. Residential movers Washington DC has to offer, have a professional team that will help you make sure everything goes well. Here are the most important things to know when packing heavy appliances.
- Unplug electrical appliances before protecting them for removal.
- Make sure heavy devices are empty.
- Defrost the refrigerator or freezer at least 12 hours before moving.
- Remove all elements from the kitchen appliances that can be safely removed – shelves, drawers, etc.
- Use stretch film to secure the doors of heavy devices and prevent them from opening.
- Wrap heavy appliances completely in thick furniture covers to prevent damage.
- Arrange your appliances in the order they will be transported in.
- Organize your moving trip for a most efficient route. Google maps are usually the best way to do this.
It´s easy to move heavy furniture in DC
Moving to crowded areas is never easy. Getting through the traffic can be tricky and annoying. The best way to move heavy furniture in DC is to work with professional movers. It may cost you a little more, but you will save your time and a lot of money in the long run.