So, you’ve just bought a new house or rented a new apartment, and you’re ready to plan the moving process. You might be thinking it’s a good idea to move yourself. It will be easy, right? Rent a truck and ask a few friends for help; it shouldn’t take more than a few hours. While it might seem easy and inexpensive to move yourself, it’s not. Sure, if you’re moving out of your parent’s house into a new apartment that’s easy enough, but moving more than one room is hard, time consuming work. Keep reading to learn about a handful of the reasons you should NOT move yourself.
- Time: Moving is very time consuming. Not only do you have to pack, you have to move the boxes and furniture to the truck, pack them securely on the truck, and then move your belongings off the truck and safely into your new home. You won’t be able to do it as quickly as people who do it every day for a living!
- Help: Your friends and family members might be willing to help you move, but what if they cancel at the last minute? What if a piece of furniture is too heavy for you and you friends to lift? What if someone gets hurt? In college and your early 20s it made sense. But, the older you get the busier friends get on the weekends, taking their kids to soccer practice, relaxing after a long week at work, etc. Plus, older friends and family members might not have the strength to help. Our team is trained to handle heavy furniture. If you hire professional movers, you can rest easy knowing your move will be handled in a timely, safe, and professional manner.
- Damage: What if something is damaged when you move yourself? The cost is on you! If you hire professional movers and something is damaged you have some options based on the type of valuation coverage you chose. Plus, since we’re professionals, items are less likely to be damaged! If you live in an apartment building and damage the wall while moving, you will have to cover the costs to repair it; however, if you a hire a moving company and they damage the wall, the cost to repair it is covered by the moving company.
- Equipment: You need more than your two hands for a move! We have the dollies, hand trucks, hampers, moving pads, and shrink wrap needed to move your heavy furniture. Additionally, we always keep boxes and wardrobes on hand for last minute packing and easy transport of clothing. The right equipment makes a move efficient and quick! Keep in mind – we offer SmartPack; a system that allows us to easily transport pictures and mirrors in cushioned box. Click here to learn more.
- Stress: Moving is stressful! Hiring a professional moving company can help to eliminate a portion of that stress. When moving day rolls around, we will take care of the heavy lifting and you can take a breather while you settle into your new home.
- We Leave You Smiling! When yesterday was ‘move day,’ you’ll know Beltway was the right choice.
- Your move was “on budget.”
- Your furniture is where you want it.
- You’ll gladly give us five stars.
- You’re ready to get on with life!
Are you planning to move soon? If so, call Beltway Movers today at (877) 830-7515. We look forward to moving you!